We are hiring!
We are so excited to learn more about you and if you will be a good fit to join our team!
Open Position: Outreach Advoate for Adult Poplulations
|Job Title:||Outreach Advocate for Adult Populations|
|Job Type:||20 hour/week|
|Shift:||Day – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday|
|Closing Date/Time:||Open until filled|
COVID NOTE: This job does require in person connection with survivors/community members regularly. Each essential worker on our team will use appropriate PPE as per SR policy.
Scarlet Road is a faith based non-profit organization serving individuals who need support exiting the legal and illegal sex industries. Scarlet Road provides outreach to at risk individuals and supports many community partners in their efforts to prevent and respond to sexual exploitation. Scarlet Road provides direct exit support for survivors of all ages as well as relational and trauma informed aftercare services to support a pathway of healing and freedom. We aim to influence and support efforts to prevent, identify and address current realities of human trafficking and sexual exploitation occurring within our community.
The Scarlet Road Outreach Advocate for Adult Populations is responsible for direct outreach connections with sexual exploitation survivors aged 25+. This role includes responding to phone/text/email referrals and providing safe specialized trauma informed safety planning for those in need. The Outreach Advocate for Adult Populations is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with our local adult service provider agencies. This role provides the beginning steps for the adult survivors that we serve to become enrolled in our intensive aftercare program or to be referred to the most appropriate resource connection that fits their individualized healing needs.
The position requires an in-depth knowledge of sexual exploitation/human trafficking including the myriad of barriers and unique needs of survivors in the process of healing, systemic barriers and a basic understanding of human trauma (individualy, collectively, historically). This position is not a telehealth/offsite position.
- In person, direct outreach support to adult survivors in various environments throughout the community.
- Facilitation of adult focused trainings within the community focused on HT/SE prevention and survivor identification
- Building and maintaining supportive relationships with local adult service provider agencies
- Occasional ride assistance to Scarlet Road clients
- Participation in Scarlet Road events that provide relational/mentoring support for Scarlet Road clients
- Provide victim services support materials to local providers of healing services
- Data & record keeping, connected to primary job focuses
- Bachelor’s Degree within human services related studies or other relevant degree / relevant experience of at least 2 years
- Understanding of domestic and international frames of sexual exploitation / human trafficking. Direct work with survivors is a plus.
- Familiarity with medical, social services, crisis networks and similar systems of support.
- Flexible, proactive and motivated individual with the ability to work both as a team and independently
- Passionate about Scarlet Road’s mission, vision and core values.
- Ability to manage a variety of separate tasks while remaining accountable for deadlines
- Resourceful, adaptable, creative, highly organized and reliable.
- A commitment to see individuals free from all forms of gender-based, class-based and minority affected violence.
- Highly developed emotional/physical boundaries.
- An understanding of power/control based relationship structures with highly developed skills in safety planning and motivational interviewing
- A basic understanding of human trauma, coping strategies and defenses. An understanding of narrative-based healing, a plus.
This position is set at PT (20 hours/week) with the intention to later develop into a full-time (40 hour) position.
Schedule: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Shifts
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Open Position: Engagement Coordinator
|Job Title:||Engagement Coordinator|
|Job Type:||20 hours/week|
|Closing Date/Time:||Open until filled|
COVID Note: This job will be mostly onsite at our Bremerton office with some remote work as approved.
Scarlet Road is a faith based non-profit organization serving individuals who need support exiting the legal and illegal sex industry. Scarlet Road provides outreach to at risk individuals and schools, and provides aftercare services for those ready and able to leave the sex industry. We aim to meet the basic and long term needs of the most vulnerable people in our community to equip them with skills to gain independence and find success and healing from their past.
The Scarlet Road Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the creation and successful implementation of all fundraising strategies in alignment with the organization’s wider strategic plan. The Engagement Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Finance and Engagement.
This role is responsible for managing a platform in which to engage and interface with Scarlet Road’s supporters, including helping donors stay, connected to and inspired by the work of SR, cultivating new donors, casting vision and overseeing implementation of events, speaking on behalf of SR, and building church and business partnerships.
The position requires an in-depth knowledge of sexual exploitation/trafficking, the myriad of barriers and unique needs a survivor will have, and an ability to respectfully communicate the journey of survivors.
- Create a multi-year strategic development plan in partnership with the executive core team
- Execute the strategic fundraising goals to meet or exceed revenue needs
- Invest in cultivating gifts from individuals, businesses, churches, and community groups
- Create and implement a donor development and relationship process that consistently keeps donors connected to the work of Scarlet Road and involves timely requests for support, thanking strategy, stories of impacts, and invitations for continued support
- Demonstrate expertise and fluency when articulating Scarlet Road’s mission and vision
- Represent Scarlet Road at speaking engagements, trainings, and events, including developing new material and presentations
- Responsible for the successful management, organization and implementation of events for Scarlet Road
- Effectively implement communication strategy that reflects the brand, vision and values of the organization, including mass mailing, social media, print material adaptations and updates, promotional and event materials, working with our outsourced design team
- Oversee Gift-In-Kind procurement and tracking
- Utilize and master Salesforce, our donor management software for donor care, gift-reporting, and broad donor communication, and Greater Giving, our event management software
- Ensure all donor activities support the privacy, self-determination and empowerment of survivors of exploitation
- Manage volunteer onboarding, assignment and follow up/stewardship, and regular communication and data management
- Manage development volunteers
- Additional duties may be included within the scope of the position
- At least two years of experience in a development, marketing, public relations or fundraising role, working with a nonprofit organization with a history of proven financial growth
- Bachelor’s Degree, required, in Marketing, Fundraising, Public Relations, Communications or other relevant degree
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and ability to interface effectively with a wide audience
- Energetic, flexible, and proactive; a motivated individual who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Passion for Scarlet Road’s mission
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and projects in an organized manner while keeping the big picture vision in mind
- Detail oriented, highly organized, innovative, articulate, motivated, reliable, team player, and resourceful
- Knowledge of the community on the Kitsap peninsula
- Alignment with Scarlet Road’s statement of faith and core values with a desire to see individuals free from all forms of gender based violence and finding safety and healing
- Experience leading and managing volunteers, emphasizing motivation and appreciation
Schedule: Flexible & varied
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org